Recent Tube

Cheesy Skillet Shrimp & Tortellini

Cheesy Skillet Shrimp & Tortellini made with jumbo shrimp combined with cheese tortellini in a cheesy tomato basil Alfredo sauce. As you all know I don’t eat seafood, not even shrimp, but every once in a while I’ll add it into our weekly meals to give my family some variety. Last week, I was under the weather so most of my meals consisted of soup

Most of the time when I make shrimp scampi (which I’m now realizing I never even posted the recipe here on the blog!) I sauté the shrimp in butter; then stir in fresh basil, garlic, chopped tomatoes and add a little bit of white wine; which I then serve over linguine that has been tossed in olive oil and grated Pecorino Romano cheese.

It’s not the healthiest meal which is why I don’t make it very often, but everything in moderation, right? Another one of her favorite recipes is any pasta with an Alfredo sauce; which she tends to get when we dine out. So for this recipe, I combined the two and made it even easier by cooking it all in one skillet. Less mess and cleanup is ALWAYS a good thing!





Ingredients

1 lb. Cheese Tortellini
1 lb. Jumbo Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
2 tbsp. Butter
1 Plum Tomato, diced
1 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
2 tsp. Prepared Horseradish
1 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
1/2 c. Heavy Cream
1/4 c. Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
Kosher Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Black Pepper, to taste

Instructions

1 . Cook the tortellini according to package directions; drain. 

2 . Add the butter to a large skillet and cook the shrimp until almost cooked through; approximately 2-3 minutes. 

3 . Add the tomato, basil and garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through and is white/pink and not clear. 

4 . Stir in the flour; then add the heavy cream and cheese. Mix well; then add the cooked tortellini and stir until all coated. Sprinkle with extra cheese and chopped basil for garnish. 

Recipe Notes

*To lighten up this recipe, use skim or reduced fat milk in place of the heavy cream.

Click here to view the original post
Cheesy Skillet Shrimp & Tortellini Cheesy Skillet Shrimp & Tortellini Reviewed by almas jana on November 25, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.